Your Cart is Empty
Click here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
BSPR 2004 Programme
BSPR HILTON HOTEL, CARDIFF
FRIDAY 12th NOVEMBER 2004
THE BRITISH SOCIETY OF PAEDIATRIC RADIOLOGY SCIENTIFIC MEETING 2006
SESSION 1 Chair – Dr Sara Harrison
09.20-10.0 Dr Sue King (Guest Speaker)
Imaging of Paediatric Head & Neck masses.
10.00-10.50 Proffered Papers
- Can ultrasound differentiate biliary atresia from other causes of jaundice in infants?
TM Humphrey, MD Stringer – Leeds
- Auditing your MCU doses can be quite interesting – no seriously!
IJ Kenney - Brighton
- Imaging after first UTI in infancy – when can cystography be omitted?
- Moorthy I, McHugh K, Easty M, Biassoni L, Ridout D, Gordon I – GOS London
- Use of real time ultrasound to assess vocal cord function in infants.
A Howarth, G Williams, G Robin, S Morris – Cardiff
10.50-11.10 Coffee Break
SESSION 2 Chair – Dr Sue Morris
11.10-11.40 Dr Brian Ayres (Guest Speaker)
The Radiological Aspects of the National Patient Safety Agency
11.40-12.30 Proffered Papers
- Aspects of practice in pneumatic reduction of Intussusception.
J Fairhurst, H Rassoulian – Southampton
- Treatment of recurrent intussusception
N Townsend, A Ali, A Shabani – Manchester
- The role of ultrasound in the assessment of children with suspected gastro oesophageal reflux disease (GORD) and comparison with continuous 24 hour pH monitoring oesophageal studies.
R Guirguis, N Galal, JV Cook, SK Chong, M Warren. Queen Mary’s Hospital for Children Epsom and St Helier NHS Trust
- Review of imaging findings in acute appendicitis: Is there a difference between pre-school and school-age children?
J Yarr, A Patterson. Royal Belfast Hospital for Sick Children
SESSION 3 Chair – Dr Alison Evans
14.00-14.40 - The Forensic Examination of the Infant and Young
Dr S Leadbeatter – Home Office Pathologist
14.40-15.30 Proffered Papers
- Digital Imaging in NAI: A ROC Study
Offiah A C, Moon L, Hall CM, Todd-Pokropek A
- Suspected child abuse: what radiological investigation should be performed? A Systematic Review. Welsh Child Protection Systematic Review Group
A Butler, S Maguire, AM Kemp, M Mann, S Morris, JR Sibert – Cardiff
- How old is the fracture? Radiological dating of fractures in children.
- A systematic review. Welsh Child Protection Systematic Review Group
I Prosser, S Maguire, S Harrison, M Mann, JR Sibert, AM Kemp – Cardiff
- What fractures are suggestive of NAI – A Systematic Review Welsh Child Protection Systematic Review Group
S Datta, S Maguire, A Kemp, S Harrison, JR Sibert – Cardiff
15.30-15.50 Tea Break
15.50-16.45 Proferred Papers
- Optimal Exposure Parameters for Digital Radiography of the infant skull: A Pilor Study
Offiah AC, Grehan J, Hall CM, Todd-Pokropek A
- The use of MR and Ultrasound Imaging in diagnosis of paediatric muscle disease
L Hartley – Cardiff
- 1H – MR Spectroscopy of childhood brain tumours
L MacPherson – Birmingham
- MRI identifies subclinical features that predict extension or arthritis in children with oligoarthritis
M Pakkal, K Johnson, J Gardner-Medwin*, CAJ Ryder – Birmingham Children’s Hospital and Glasgow University*